Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Touch and Go...



All of us start our journey from NOTHING. I am totally in agreement that whatever we achieve is only because of hard work, dedication, zeal, effort, and risk taking ability. There can be many other reasons depending on the individual. It is because of this that some of us reach the top and others just hang around.

I have seen some people who (in my terms) are really having the above mentioned characteristics, and believe me they reached the success in their life. After just touching the success, they came back to the place from where they started their journey. Why?

Well, the answer is simple. These type of people want to reach the top, but can't be there for long because they stop doing all their work once they reach there, feeling that they will be there. But my friends, it is not true. If you have reached the top, you have to keep working so as to be there for long, and reach higher altitudes. it is just like a slope, if you will keep going you will cross it, if not you will come down quickly.

As Gary Anderson rightly said, "Never stop. ESPECIALLY when things are good."

4 comments:

  1. Those people who REALLY wanted to be at the top, once they've reached that point, they tend to enjoy it first. I don't think they just stop there, they're just simply enjoying the 'new life' hence the long enjoyment makes them confortable enough not to think to go way further up again immediately. Well, that's what I think. Sorry if am not making a really good point here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Didz for your excellent point. I do agree with you, but there are many things, which want you to work continuously so as to reach the top.

    Take a simple example. There is a man who wants to be a billionaire (hope this is a kind of goal ppl make). He is working very hard, and now have become a millionaire. He is very happy after being a millionaire, so he thought that he has sufficient money now, and he stops more making efforts. What will happen now?

    Hope I make sense. Keep visiting and keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he thinks he's running out of money (sooner or later I believe) I'm pretty sure he will try to struggle back to reach the comfort zone again. I'm not saying they will stop...I said they will continued again but not that immediate. They wanted to enjoy things first. Then there's the greed...so they won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes this is what I am saying...if he is running out of money then it means that he stoped after getting something...and the thing is all about discontinuing ur efforts...doesnt matter when you continue it again....but people lack continuity...

    ReplyDelete