Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Dream, I Do, I Fail, and I Quit

This is something which is common between many of us. There are many situations when I realized that I do not have it in me to work for the thing I want to achieve. That is where I always quit. 

Even after knowing that it is ME who is stepping back here, I somehow convinced my inner self that I would try to do something better than this. That "something better" always replaced another "something better", and I got nothing. That is my story, that might be yours too.

I wanted to learn something out of those failures, so I tried to find out the reason behind me quitting things. Lets take it this way. When you want to push a car, you require an initial boost which has to be good enough to make the car move. But once the car starts moving, all you need is the equal force which will be lesser than what you used earlier.

Coming back to the implications on Life, your dreams are something which you want to achieve. The initial boost required to work on your dreams will be proper homework, planning, self-motivation and support. The initial boost decides your success or failure.

Work real hard and serious till you make your first move. And once you will be make your first move, your previous moves will help you motivating yourself for further moves.

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget to keep pushing. Tenacity will keep your 'car' moving and that is key to reaching your goal. We all know that there will be bumps in the road; just because the car coasted easily down that first stretch doesn't guarantee it will keep going so smoothly. Keep pushing, keep trying, for only with tenacity will you reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. Difficulties never knock the door. Steering life foreseeing the hurdles can be a way to do it.

    Thanks for your comment, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'initial boost' is what many people lack because they would not be sure if they will succeed or what they are going to do is achievable or not.But, once the goal is set and focused, no force can pull you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome way..of telling about achieving success :) Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shri Ram Ayyangar - I second that.

    @ Madhumati - Thanks for liking it. Keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we do fall back, in just about everything we do to improve our selves. If we did not fall back, we would never strengthen our resolve to continue to move forward. Being human is all about getting up and staying the course~

    There is nothing worth having that will come easy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second that, Dorothy. But the continuous and regular motion towards the goal help us lessen the number of difficulties we wight face otherwise.

    We cannot make anything easy, but what is wrong in trying. :)

    Hope I am making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The intial boost is certainly important as is believing in yourself and your abilities, but sometimes we do fail and if we learn from our failures we can move forward again. However, it's good to look at what we mean by success and failure too. You might like this related post. http://happyhonkers.wordpress.com/2011/10/01/what%e2%80%99s-stopping-you/

    ReplyDelete