Friday, December 11, 2009

One second once



How often do we hear "take it slow," "take it easy," "one step at a time," "one day at a time" "don't be so hard on yourself" etc... Do we follow the advice? Probably not as often as we should.

Each second of the day we are faced with small and seemingly insignificant decisions; constant tests of do or don't, right or wrong. Some of these tests might be so minor we don't even think about them. Perhaps its a q-tip on the floor or a pillow out of place on the bed. Do we take the literal one second to pick up the q-tip or adjust the pillow? Or do we leave the "mess on the floor" so to speak, and allow it to accumulate.

Think of how many areas of our life that these one second challenges are adding up! You probably have piles of "stuff" all around you and fail to even notice it. A great philosophy I recently adopted is "if I think it, I must do it." If I think about taking the trash out, it probably needs to be done. So I do it NOW! By creating this discipline in my life, more gets done and with minimal effort.

1 comment: