Tuesday, February 17, 2009

H.P. Redefined

I had a talk with one of my friend today. His uncle is a HR manager in some company(I really don't know the name of the company). My friend told me about his uncle that he is a high performer in his company. The same moment I asked him, what really a high performer is? He replied, what all a normal person cannot imagine, a high performer can imagine.

Performance is not all about imagination. Well, high performers are not the ones who can imagine what others cannot, instead they are people who - LIVE IT, NOT IMAGINE IT. As a HR manager your job should be to get out to the workplace and talk to people, not just hanging out in your office. Great HR is not theoretical, it is experiential. I would like to strengthen my point by some line.


"The only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live,
mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time,
the ones who never yawn or
say a commonplace thing,
but burn, burn, burn,
like fabulous yellow roman candles
exploding like spiders across the stars
and in the middle you see the
blue centerlight pop and
everybody goes “Awww!”

Jack Kerouac, On The Road, 1957



Be a HIGH PERFORMER in true sense

No comments:

Post a Comment